Fire Kissed (Shadow Kissed)

Fire Kissed - Erin Kellison There is a situation with Fire Kissed by Erin Kellison that I have never had to face before. How in the world do you review a book that you really like, from a series that you have enjoyed thoroughly since book one, when if it were any other book you'd toss it across the room - because the heroine cheats on the hero?

Kaye didn't want to cheat on Bastion. She did it to save someone else from peril, and in so doing, endangered her own life. She didn't enjoy it, hated the other guy, felt dirty and disgusted afterward. And Bastion put her in that situation in the first place! But I digress...

Fire Kissed by Erin Kellison is ostensibly the first in the Shadow Kissed series, but should never have been marketed that way. If I hadn't read the first three books in the series there is no way I would have comprehended half of what went on in "book four". Perhaps it was supposed to be a way to illustrate that the story was going to be told from the mage (or enemy) point of view, but that didn't work out too well, because the mage in question started working for the Order almost out the gate. Again I digress...

For the full review, please go to http://www.thewindowseat13.com/2013/10/erin-kellison-fire-kissed.html