At Peace (The 'Burg, #2)

At Peace (The 'Burg, #2) - Kristen Ashley Back in Brownsburg Indiana for Kristen Ashley’s The 'Burg series and I will say this book is one of my all-time favorite Ashley books from the storyline to the incredible characters. I have grown to love Ashley's writing style and all the craziness that is present, but I have come to most appreciate her ability to write the hell of out of alpha male, most noticeable Joe Callahan.

At the heart of the story of At Peace is Violet Winters, a single mom, whose cop husband was killed by a psychopathic stalker determined to make Violet his own. She has settled in this small town with hopes to find peace and safety for her and her two girls. After a year of stability she is rocked by a late night encounter with her very rude, very large, and oh so sexy neighbor - Joe Callahan. The mysterious Mr. Callahan is a part-time neighbor working as a security specialist and his sudden presence has Violet’s heat beating and libido bouncing. She is cautious yet completely willing to give into his every command for a chance to feel alive again, or to possibly love. What she doesn’t know is the depth to which Joe has been deadened inside. Even though he wants everything from her, he is resolved to live a life of solitude repeatedly pushing her away after getting what he wants which takes its toll on both Violet and her daughter’s hearts.

For the full review, please go to http://www.thewindowseat13.com/2014/01/kristen-ashley-at-peace.html